A fair sized tulip I've bid on-

rbtree

Climbing Up
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rs3C_uivSHM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rs3C_uivSHM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

no huge limbs, just a complex tree with a lot of tedious work..with or without a crane. Whaddya'll think? price?

I'm thinking first choice would be a crane. Around here, it'd fetch about $3,800.

Here I'd bid in the $2.8-4k range and do it w/o a crane, I've got the time.

Looked like a 40-50" DBH tree? If the car port gate is over 5.5', I'd look hard into weasling my lift into the back yard.

The mini could handle the wood.

With that small of a landing zone under the tree, I'm thinking it would be faster and easier to climb instead of using a mini lift. You'd lose too much working area under the tree.

Either crane it out where a couple guys can have some room to disect the pieces and chip it up or else put 3-4 guys on the back yard to attack each limb as it hits the ground. Not enough room to let stuff pile up in that tiny back yard.

So it depends on your resources I guess. If you're as slow as everybody else, it might be worth it to put the extra ground help on it and provide a half dozen guys with a couple days of work doing it all manually.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here I'd bid in the $2.8-4k range and do it w/o a crane, I've got the time.

Looked like a 40-50" DBH tree? If the car port gate is over 5.5', I'd look hard into weasling my lift into the back yard.

The mini could handle the wood.

yup, about 48"

I don't have to mess with the wood, that's what my firewood guy is for....

The work zone back there is too small for your spider, I'm sure. it's maybe 35 feet square, if that.

The corners of the house and garage will have to be protected, and maybe the post that's kinda in the way.

With that small of a landing zone under the tree, I'm thinking it would be faster and easier to climb instead of using a mini lift. You'd lose too much working area under the tree.

spot on, bro!

She's a tedious one, fo sho....even with a crane, we'd need to rig out alot of the lower smaller stuff...to keep within my bid (which has a plus or minus $500 range), we'd need to keep the total crane bill at 7 hours---4.5 working, 2.5 travel and set-up. $165/hr for a 38 ton with 127' of reach. Pretty much the same crane as the larger one that Hollywood No-sack brought in....

oh, now, who's slow, again? heh!

Yeah, but I'm betting you'll show up before 2 in the afternoon to start.

It wouldn't fit in a 48" area anyway, but it sets up in a 14' square area.

Like I said, I'd look hard at using it, not an absolute.

It's far easier for me to cut and toss from there with maybe 1 helper than it is for me to climb and have an army of inexperianced ground guys. The house looked small enough to toss over.

Ideal? Of course not. Low overhead with less chance for a mess up with inexperianced groundies? Sure. More money in my pocket at the end of the job? Sure.

But if it won't fit, it won't fit and I'd climb it and use the mini to handle the wood.

As Brian said, your lift would take up half the drop zone. And, what your working height?

As for us, we have an allstar crew....

I do hope we get the job,and that Image Crane can help.

As Brian said, your lift would take up half the drop zone. And, what your working height?

As for us, we have an allstar crew....

I do hope we get the job,and that Image Crane can help.

60', 30' of outreach.

And for the record, it'd take up 1/6th of the LZ, after it's set up and minimized.:P

I to hope you get it.8):D:)

Those things get planted for shade trees around here .Evidently people don't think they will grow or something . Because they become a nuisance tree when they get some size to them .

You'd have to give the firewood away ,it isn't very good stuff .

This time of year two 10 hour days .
Get out of the stump grinding if possible and the raking.

I would do it in two days. Day one - Climb/rig/rope as much as possible. Day two - Crane.

I think we could pull it off in one....if the crane company doesn't mind showing up at 11 am...we could have all the lower stuff brushed by then.

I think completing that job in one day would be pushing it. I certainly wouldn't bid it as being a one day job.

Agreed, Butch.

You guys talking of minis...there's no need for one...the drag is only a few feet to the wide gate. There's no need to deal with the wood.....just keep it out of the drop zone. and if we crane it, it would be easy to cut up. Plus, the firewood guy has a chain saw.

And as there's no technical rigging needed, just a lot of tedious lowering, so a lift wouldn't help much if at all, and would definitely get in the way, as the drop zone is so small.

One day seems to be pushing that one big time .Maybe if you show at 6 and leave at 8.
What are you ball parking it at again ?

Back