Getting Certified???

jtrouse

Treehouser
Hi all im interested in trying to get certified and found out that you need to have a distrubutor to be able to do this, is there anyone that you could put me in touch with to try and get this happening??

thanks

For us here in the USA, there isn't a ruling body that can certify a splicer. I am guessing that the folks here might not be able to help a ton.

You say that you need to "have a distributor." I think we can help you most if you explain what that means. Do you need to BECOME a distributor? That will mean buying several thousand dollars worth of rope so you can sell rope to other people- or maybe other retailers (depending on what "distributor" means in your area).

Having a distributor might just mean finding out who in your area is selling the rope and working through them to get the cert.

Who provides the cert in AU? You probably should ask them these questions for the best answers.

love
nick

Over here there is no 'qualification' as such, i've heard rumours of something starting though. In one of our tree mags i've seen aderts from Yale praising their splices and saying that those splcies are the only yale certified splices....makes sense really.

why do you want to get certified??

Jamie

Back