Forgotten friction saver retrieved

rbtree

Climbing Up
without climbing.

It was in the fir which we rigged from to remove a tree we took off a house some time ago, it was dark when we wrapped up, and Brian forgot about it. Pulled line out, and of course it stayed....at 55 feet in a young fir.

This was an adjustable FS made by Nick; prussic, on one end with biner and stopper knot, with biner and pulley on the other end.
I set a throw line above it. It was out a good 18 inches. The saver was nestled against the trunk. So, I tied a pole saw head on upside down, ran it up there midline, and jiggled it around for a good 5-10 minutes before I finally snagged it. Gently pulled it up, and it dropped to terra firma.

Had a camera with me, but the battery was dead.....so you'll have to trust me.

A loop in the throw line might have worked, but for the sloppy line set, and the saver being right against the truck.

It sure is nice to get that equipment back I bet !!!

Nahhhh... he can just order another one! ;)

I was climbing with some friends a couple weeks ago and they left one up. I was able to retrieve it by rethrowing then hauling up this tiny grapnel...

twistedgrapnels.jpg

I never really thought they were "that" handy- but boy was I glad I had it with me that day!

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where'd ya get that grapnel, Nick? New Tribe?

Back