Chainsaw dawgs

littlenick

TreeHouser
Im a big on making my own things if possible to save a little money. I just built a snow plow for my exmark. I was wondering if any of you on here have made your own dawgs (i think that is what there called). I know i could just go buy some for the 441 but i have the steel and the time.

Thanks, nick

I still have to paint it, its just too cold...

Attachments

• 100_1417.jpg
    100_1417.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_1416666.jpg
    100_1416666.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 12
What would the advantage be? versus say... a proper snowblower?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What would the advantage be? versus say... a proper snowblower?

The advantage is that i can use the machine all year, other than just using it when the grass is growing. Also where i live i dont get enough snow to justify the cost. This was more ideal than spending $500 or so on a machine i can only use in the winter.

I know that the dawgs for the 441 are not that much. I think there around $30-$40 i dont know exactly but if i have the steel and the time why not save $30 or so dollars...

nick

LittleNick wants to make some chainsaw dogs himself, and was showing a pic of a metal project he's already done.

Try to keep up boss!:D

I've never made no dawgs myself. It seems like it'd be a hassle to make and you'd waste alot of metal cutting them out. I'd buy them and save your metal for another project. But heh if you got nothing but time have a go.

Back on topic...

If you've got the steel, go for it. If nothing else, you'll brush up on some fine metalworking skills.

Back on topic...

If you've got the steel, go for it. If nothing else, you'll brush up on some fine metalworking skills.

I think tomorrow i will give it a try...

If it fails then i'll give in and buy some.

thanks, nick

Do you have any dogs for it? Just the small one that comes on it? I bought 066 dogs for my 036, one sticks out a little bit farther than the other. I'm with Butch, make them like no other dogs out there. Do you have a plasma cutter? That would make it really easy. I'd make them look like flames.:lol:

Do you have any dogs for it? Just the small one that comes on it? I bought 066 dogs for my 036, one sticks out a little bit farther than the other. I'm with Butch, make them like no other dogs out there. Do you have a plasma cutter? That would make it really easy. I'd make them look like flames.:lol:

Nope i just have the stock one that came with it...

I dont have a plasma cutter, i am going to use a "saw z'all" or a scroll saw.

Dave, sounds like you need to fine tune them on a bench grinder or something. I'm sure you can even them up if you wanted. ;)

Actually all I've got to do is drill the holes on the outside dog a little bit further ahead. I might also have to grind the back of it so it can slide back on the outside cover. It's never been a problem, and I've been spoiled having real dogs on the 036. I don't care for using saws with only the one low-profile stock dog.

Weld some big framing nails to them for that "Monster Garage" type felling dawg.

I made my dawgs just for fun posted umm up here .
Wicked looking like a fish hook.
Doubt they worked any better but looked cool.
Its in the old forum under log dawgs.
Have fun.

the dogs are "designed", your probably wasting your time if you dont have a set to trace out. the angles allow you to rotate evenly from the bottom spike to the top with out slipping on the bark. maybe you could trace the stock ones and then enlarge it on your computer. probably work

Back