Worst job per AOL

pantheraba

More biners!!!
This just came thru the AOL featured news ticker..an interesting FYI:

'Worst Jobs' Top 10 (Rankings based on environment, income, job outlook, physical demands and level of stress.)

1. Lumberjack

Job Description: Fells, cuts, and transports timber to be processed into lumber, paper, and other wood products.
Average Salary*: $443/week
Alternative Jobs:

-Grounds Keeper Jobs
-Construction Jobs

-Post Office Jobs

http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/best-jo...prim0001&icid=200100397x1217573250x1201106535

BEST JOB:

'Best Jobs' Top 10

1. Mathematician

Job Description: Applies mathematical theories and formulas to teach or solve problems in a business, educational, or industrial climate.
Salary* Range: 62,970 and $106,250
Related Jobs:

-Teaching Jobs
-Computer Science Jobs

-Database Administration Jobs

That's rather subjective and obviously compiled by somebody that sits behind a desk for a living. Total rubbish, as is most anything originating from AOL.

Now I'm going to tell you what the worst job in the world is ,a teaser stallion .

Of course this is not a people job but a horse job .This poor old frisky midget male horse has a job to fire up the mares for breeding .The poor little runt could not get even get with it unless he had a step ladder for horses .

Now you talk about cruel and unusual punishment .:cry:

I wonder how many people were on THAT committee? Math is fun for two reasons... Counting your money or counting money that's about to be yours. :)

....rigging charts and stuff to I guess...

I bet the people making the list haven't done very many of the jobs, especially when statistician is high up.;) And I don't think money has everything to do with a job. There's something about a big pine hitting the ground that can't be replicated whilst sitting at a desk. Oh, I suppose if it fell on you at your desk, but that would be a different sort of exhilaration.:lol:

That's rather subjective and obviously compiled by somebody that sits behind a desk for a living. Total rubbish, as is most anything originating from AOL.

Well duh. People who are outside working all day don't get paid to make lists like these. Of course it was made by someone behind a desk. :P

I agree with you on the AOL. I never understood why so many people use their service.

love
nick

What criteria are they using to give the rating? If injury and death is a consideration, I think it is lumber jacking and professional fishing that usually are at the top of the bad list. If you throw in the dress codes too, then they are for sure at the top. :P

White pines get bigger, but they're only safe when they've been cut down and milled into window trim.;) I hear you on the big picture, however.

White pines get bigger, but they're only safe when they've been cut down and milled into window trim.;) I hear you on the big picture, however.

Treeseer goes through life without any wood fiber derived products. His bigger picture is magic.

The only way to truly have no impact on that which you are trying to protect is to go somewhere and die.

Well I've always maintained it would lucrative to be a gynecologist and a mortician .That way you could get them coming and going .

The only way to truly have no impact on that which you are trying to protect is to go somewhere and die.

Absolutely. But then you may be contaminating the soil in some way as you decompose.:D

I just think that people that preach extremes should step back and take a breath. Just like us loggers do, when harvesting.:)

Back