Trees and Risk One Day Seminar in NC

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1K
M

Mr. Sir

NOTICE!

ISA, ISA Southern, and Bartlett Tree Experts are hosting a researcher/expert seminar in late February. This seminar is one part of a larger Science and Research Committee sponsored tree risk literature review initiative. Below is a short blurb. A list of speakers and talks can be found in the attached brochure (some titles subject to change).

WHEN: February 24th, 2009

WHERE: R. A. Bartlett Tree Laboratories, Charlotte, North Carolina

Trees & Risk is a “can’t miss” seminar for consultants who focus on risk assessment and inventories; commercial arborists who evaluate trees every day; urban foresters who are responsible for large tree populations; utility foresters who must keep the power flowing; and researchers/educators who have a strong interest in the subject. REGISTRATION IS LIMITED to the first 100 who mail, fax, or email the registration form.

Register today ( http://www.isa-arbor.com/related/resources/TreeRiskSummitBrochure.pdf ) or call the ISA Southern Chapter (888) 339-8733 for more information.

Sharon Lilly
Director of Educational Goods and Services International Society of Arboriculture
217-355-9411 ext. 209
Fax 217-355-9516
P.O. Box 3129
Champaign, IL 61826-3129
www.isa-arbor.com

"Through research, technology, and education promote the professional practice of arboriculture and foster a greater public awareness of the benefits of trees."

I got one of those from Sharon.

Even though I bet it'll be nothing we haven't heard before, I'll probably go anyway.

I feel like so many of the Risk Assessment seminars reiterate the same principles and warn to take very similar precautions when dealing with rating risk. I didn't say that I am not HOPING it's different.

...I do need to register though.

Yeah, I'd really like to go see what Tom Smiley has to say! I went to a two day thing by Chris Luley this summer, which was really good.

I actually don't think I have the cash to make it right now though. Biz is too slow, so everything is going into other expenses. ...sux.

Back