Hey Joggers!

Bodean

Cali dreamer
So, I used to run a long time ago, before beer and cigarrettes.
I've been trying to run at least once a week, usually monday or tuesday.
Run for about an hour, down the beach and back. Love it at Sunset.

I'm hoping to try and race at some point, like 40 and over.

So any runners here?
Any Racers?

I know Darin, Butch, Roger and Nick do/did some running,

I got 55 minutes tonight. As I was running my keys gently chink.
Tonight a bat came and swooped on me chittering sha bee bee at me.

Maybe this could be a weekly mileage checkin thread.

Stretch it out folks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
HEck YEAH, BUTCH,

That's what'm talking about, This is a get stoked on running/jogging thread.

I have to run after an absolutly uneventful day at work,
If I don't climb or exert energy at work or during,
I have to run or my minds' Chemistry doesn't feel right.

I'm like a dog, I gotta sweat or run every day.

No running for me for years, I used to be a hella runner in highschool though. These days a brisk walk behind the stroller is my goal for a couple kilometers, maybe jogging in the spring, its kinda tough with all the snow and ice on the ground these days.

Paul, you need yaks.;)

I only run for my life, any other running is too risky for my petite build.:lol::lol:

I have been wearing my Danner mountain light II's lately, 3/4" vibram lug soles dont lend themselves to going very quickly. and I hear ya, the only time I have run since high school, I was getting chased ;)
download.blog

I only run for my life, any other running is too risky for my petite build.:lol::lol:

Ditto!.. I think I drag and walk up and down enough steep hills to not have to anyway....
Once a GF of mine wanted me to take up jogging. I asked her how far... She felt cause I did not jog I should just mark off 3 miles and try that with her. So I did.. Just outside of Worcester MA at a reservoir with variant terrain. Hills and flat. I had to pick her up with the truck 1/2 way round the 3 miles, figure :roll:
I humored her though and jogged with her till she just gave up :lol:

Last edited:
oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh, Paul, where can I find a pair of those?

Those look cool, to replace my vasque sundowners that are broke as a joke.

But NO DERAILS, This is about Jogging and or Running.

My body isn't good for jogging anymore. I have some issues. What I want to do is to run track again. I am thinking of seeing if they have any old fart track meets in Idaho.

I just made it a favorite, thanks paul, I'm gonna buy a pair tommorrow when I get paid.

How do the sizes Run, big, small?

This thread is about running, there's a boot thread somewhere else with Altissimus.

Thanks Paul. alot.

Bodeen.. mine fit kinda large. I have had 3 pairs of Danners, my mountain light !!'s are prolly more than 12 years old, once in a while use, TOTALLY waterproof still. Resoled twice I think, maybe once. just grease the uppers once in a while with some good boot dressing and use a seamsealer when you first get them, seems to keep the stitching from imploding early.

I think I paid damn near $400 for mine back in the day, the canuckian dollar wasnt so hot vs the yankee buck.

oh, in reference to running I remember in high school my best on road half mile was about 2:15 and my best on road mile was about 4:35. I did a mile and a half once a year, we called it the 'milk run' and raised $$ for some organization, best time was 8:45 or something like that. Heck it was only 20 or so years ago! :P

My body isn't good for jogging anymore. I have some issues. What I want to do is to run track again. I am thinking of seeing if they have any old fart track meets in Idaho.

I've always wanted to do some master's track events. But now my knees would protest too much..

and when I took up skiing, I lost interest in running and jumping....Well, 'cept with skis on.

There are few master's events, tho

I figure when you sprint you run on your toes and there is less wear and tear on your knees. Jogging is too much pounding.

I don't think that's true, they both pretty much do the same thing to your legs and feet. Sprinting will give you bigger calves.

For me, the secret to running is starting slow. I walked the entire 5 miles for a long time until I got up the gumption to try running and when I did it was only 2/ 10ths of a mile, then I would walk the same distance as a break. Then back to running.

I found a couple of Masters track clubs locally last night. They put on a bunch of all comer meets in June. I might try it for giggles.

I figure when you sprint you run on your toes and there is less wear and tear on your knees. Jogging is too much pounding.

That is true. Being a heel striker has pounding consequences. Barefoot running greatly reduces heel striking.

One thing to consider - the human body (most of us) was not designed to run more than short distances. A marathon runner doesn't have a longer life expectancy than someone who walks 30 minutes a day.

Well Bodean, it was your thread. I see jive about the wind in your hair and how long you were perving chicks on the beach but nothing about how far you ran. Mileage kids, put up or shut up! :D

I do 3.1 miles once a week (22-25minutes). I used to do it 3 times a week.....

yeah, that is what I though Butch. Great, a smoker is kicking my ass. ;)
I was never much of a runner. Even now, I try to do my 3 miles faster rather than go longer.

3miles takes me 22-25min
5miles takes 45

I could always run just like Forest Gump.

and he just kept running..................

Running gets me rushing on endorphins.

Plus Nate you gotta understand I ran from 4th grade to 4th year College.
Straight, By the time I quit I hated running or racing for points.

It's been a little over ten years and I think I can run again.
and yes maybe it will curb my smoking.

This thread is a piece of shit. I ran competitively for 8 years and loved it till the end. Then, after I got done with college and realized that life doesnt have a track team, I haven't run a total of more than 20 miles in the last 8 years...TOTAL. It wasn't fun for me without teammates and the weekly races.

Now this (crappy) thread is making me think I should go out for a little run.

Back