Petzl Acentree

rangerdanger

TreeHouser
Anyone on here try these out yet??? I believe they were released at the Expo and I was curious if anyone on here has an opinion on them. Thanks.

Here ya geaux! :)

I don't use them, but they look similar to other ascenders, except for the price. :O

What is their claim to fame? :?

Cool. Looks like a better version of a footlock option for fat guys. I wonder if its cheaper than the Kong double rig?8)

looks good...better then Kong? does it have a locking cam or something:what:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, that's them.

I also heard Kong has a new set of double ascenders, with a better designed cam safety mechanism.

"Works on 1/2" ropes only. Works on 1/2" ropes only. "

Well... that pretty much kills them for me.

I think it's cool that they finally put out one of these specifically sized for 1/2" arbo rope. If you want an ascender for 7/16" / 11mm rope, there's dozens to pick from.

I think it's cool that they finally put out one of these specifically sized for 1/2" arbo rope. If you want an ascender for 7/16" / 11mm rope, there's dozens to pick from.

Counting his new device, I only know of two other rigs, there's the Kong rig and I think ISC or DMM makes a double rope ascender.

Why does it only work on 1/2....I bet it'll go smaller

I haven't climbed on 1/2 in I can't remeber when

I'd not be tempted in the least...IMO Petzl makes the poorest single handled ascender on the market, with the possible exception of the original Jumar. This double might be better, but I wouldn't risk it, given there are other options.

I expect you are right, John, about it going smaller...but it may chop a smaller line under dynamic load to an unacceptable degree.

It looks like it is designed a bit better than the Kong. Seems that a guy can get a small biner in with a backup on each side. I do have to agree, Petzl isn't at the top in the handled ascender market.

Cute name though. "Whatcha want me to do boss?"
" First get your Ass in tree, then......"

Back