Another big chip hauler

Al Smith

Mac Daddy
Tom wants to peddle his '97 Ford F-800 .14 foot box,Cummins engine .$9500.

Alpine tree service ,Lima Ohio .

Attachments

• Toms chip truck 005.jpg
    Toms chip truck 005.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Toms chip truck 004.jpg
    Toms chip truck 004.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 194
That artwork looks to be straight outta the Sherril book. Dont let Tobe see that.

I like the artwork. Not Sherril, just same style. Definitely plenty of ad space!

Did he give you any details? Miles, recent replacements, etc...?

Would he sell just the chip box and tool boxes???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well he has another box ,nice one ,11 footer sitting at my shop . 900 I do believe .

Attachments

• PB Show07 001.jpg
    PB Show07 001.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 172
maybe it'll get bigger with time.
chain.gif

Al, whats the outside dimensions of the body?? Height & width??

I'll have to measure them tomorrow ,I forgot . Oh ,somebody called Tom ,I assume it was you ?

Yes it was me. I only need the OD measurments of the orange chip box. Thanks a bunch.

find the same pic in his catalog you got something, if its just similar you got nothing

Tobe wouldn't even have a say. A guy named Bryan who works for davey is who actually draws all the photos. ...and he's super chill.

Tobe wouldn't even have a say. A guy named Bryan who works for davey is who actually draws all the photos. ...and he's super chill.

Tobe owns the copyright of the images in his catalog. Just ask him. :lol:

Good grief it's just a picture :what: Besides that ole Tom buys a lot of stuff from him any way . Further more old Tom is a trimmer he isn't in the biz of selling arborists and loggers supplys so the point ,if any is moot .

I'm a thinkin a couple of you folks would make good bar room lawyers .:lol:

Tobe owns the copyright of the images in his catalog. Just ask him. :lol:

That's funny... when I organized ISA's photo database, I asked Tobe and Bryan who I should credit for the photos (many of which are in the sherrill catalog), and they told me that they were still Bryan's. Tobe just payed to have them in his catalog I'm pretty sure.

Good grief it's just a picture :what: Besides that ole Tom buys a lot of stuff from him any way . Further more old Tom is a trimmer he isn't in the biz of selling arborists and loggers supplys so the point ,if any is moot .

I'm a thinkin a couple of you folks would make good bar room lawyers .:lol:

It is just a picture Al and no big deal really. I only mentioned it because Ive spoken with Tobe and Sean in the past about using illustration from their catalog, and was told they could be used with permission for education ONLY. And that ANY use for personal marketing would be copyright infringement or whatever its called. They also told me they would appreciate being informed of any unauthorized use so they could take legal action.

Thats the only reason I brought it up, because I know thats an illustration from the catalog.
Dont worry, Im not outting anyone, Im not that kind of guy. Just wanted to point it out is all.

Sorry for the derail. Its a nice looking truck and looks to be a good buy!

Al, whats the outside dimensions of the body?? Height & width??
Here ya go .Southco model LL-132 .

Length 132 1/4" Width 93 1/8 " height top to bottom as shown in the pic -
63" .Over all from sub frame bottom to top of the box 71" .It has 1" steel blocks so if those were removed it would lower 1" .

Lift assembly fits dead on with the Chevy frame of 34" outside frame rails .

It looks to me like either a 4" or 5" lift cylinder of which I saw no indication of leakage but then I've never seen it in operation .

Attachments

• chio box 010.jpg
    chio box 010.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 95
  • chio box 011.jpg
    chio box 011.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 94
  • chio box 009.jpg
    chio box 009.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 93
Back