Overexposed!!!!!

Some seriously obnoxious folks on that thread.

Similar to "kooks" in surfing. Localism is a strange thing, people get possessive over something that isn't theirs in the first place.

Similar to "kooks" in surfing. Localism is a strange thing, people get possessive over something that isn't theirs in the first place.

It's basic territorialism, but with a twist. The locals feel and sometimes display aggression toward gapers invading "their" domain despite the fact gapers provide the local's livelihood. Territorialism With A Twist. Twat.

Twats dis gapers.

So I assume 'gapers' are the ones standing in the middle of the gap, forcing everybody else to go around them? Sort of like the driver in the middle lane going 10 mph below the traffic flow and then stopping because they need to change lanes? Yup.

ya brian, the article said they stand in the way and gape with mouth wide open when they relize theyre in harms way. you should read it, its a kick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ya brian, the article said they stand in the way and gape with mouth wide open when they relize theyre in harms way. you should read it, its a kick

I heard the term my second year skiing...

that article was a kick..and right on....

We like to blow 'em over with our air blast as we ski by.....their heads are already thrown back......

Actually, I usually just say, "bad place to sit" (slowboarder) or "stand" if a skier, when they're stopped in the middle of a trail, or over the top outta sight...

Thankfully, most places I ski are populated with rippers...

I was never a gaper. I skied in powder my first day ever (nothing was groomed and it was dumping) caught air ( a coupla feet worth) my second day ever...dropped a 50 foot cliff my second year....and made sort of parallel turns that first day---but on dinky 130cm skis.

skiing is a bit of a "scene" some are hardcore pursuants of this alpine sport , some are there to be part of the "scene" it's a curious mix .... the terrain and snow cover tends to do the sorting...

Curious. How old were you when you started skiing, Roger?

That's what I was wondering. I've skied my whole life as long as I can remember, I'd have to ask my parents to know for sure when I started. Definetly have skied some corduroy in my day though.

That pic is funny as hell though. What a putz.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Curious. How old were you when you started skiing, Roger?

24.....I'd been in ski country for 2 years before I took up the sport.....had been a 10 month a year track and field junkie for 13 years.....well, my track shoes are still in the closet, have not come out since that spring in '74.

Around here a "gaper" is a woman who... well...

Is kinda like throwing a hot dog in a hallway.

The idiots on the freeway staring at accidents are "rubberneckers", and those other retards are "gawkers".

I laughed my ass off today when I did a faceplant in the snow.

Trying to drag a piece of brush wayyyy bigger than the traction of my boots would allow.

And Newfie missed it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I laughed my ass off today when I did a faceplant in the snow.

Trying to drag a piece of brush wayyyy bigger than the traction of my boots would allow.

And Newfie missed it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I was too busy trying to stand up.:)

You mean I missed it?

Yeah, that was a sucky spot, for sure.

I wonder what sort of out of court settlement would be in order for such an incident. How about a free lifetime lift pass?

Back