Harvesting Mistletoe

rangerdanger

TreeHouser
Well, with Winter Break finally here, and after taking a few days to be lazy and sleep in, I figured I'd better post those mistletoe harvest pics!! So, here's my first attempt at posting a pic on this forum.

Here goes!

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awesome, here's some more!!

Attachments

• IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    649.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 8
Nice work RD. Glad to see that Cougar is working out for you.

Funny. It reminds me of my teen years. I was always thinking of how to make extra money. I noticed a lot of Mistletoe in the trees of my neighborhood parks. So, I thought: "I could go up there and cut them out. Tie a red ribbon on them and sell them for a dollar each. (Back when a dollar could have been worth it). I could even go door to door!" But, I chickened out because I didn't want to do the sales.

Adrian. Were you guys selling the stuff?

It's amazing how many people want mistletoe until you actually hand them some. It looks like crap close up and withers quickly (within hours).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope Jamin, we never made a dime off it!! We did get free donuts, coffee, and coco though!

Actually, it was for the Ashland estate, or some know it as the Henry Clay Estate. Awesome to climb in a historic place!!

It'll keep your ears warm and if it gets too hot up in the tree its small enough to stuff in a pocket.

True dat. Most balaclavas are too thick/heavy for treework. I lost mine so thanks for the link - I ordered another.

It's Louisiana. The winters are mild, but when it's 30 or 40 degrees (with the wind blowing) and you're hanging out in a tree (or flying a bucket), it can get a tad chilly.

Just checking, I just couldn't believe you were ordering one before me! I am going to order one now, I hope you guys got yourself a coupon code!

Ranger those are some cool pics keep it up man!

Great pic posting Ranger.. I harvest mistel toe here also ... But I don't sell it, or give it away. I burn the shat!:evil::lol:
Seriously, you should use one of those for your avatar ;)

Mistletoe THIS !!!
I've got a bunch of English Ivy that stays green & hardy right though the winter >>>
C'mon you biznezz-minded fellas >>> Somebody market kissing or (*+#**) something 'neath the ivy & we'll all make out phatt !!!

Mares eat oats and does eats oats... Little lambs eat ivy.... A kid will eat ivy too wouldn't you....... LALALA
I vote animal feed or topiary if you can root it ;)

when I was young, (30 years ago) we went out in the woods and shot the mistletoe out with a scoped .22 rifle. way out in the country. :/:

got a lot doing it that way, sold it for good money at xmas.

do it now, and go to jail quick. :O

Butch, On sites that offer coupon codes, such as REI, you can find them online.

I just go to Google and search "REI coupon codes" and you can usually find something like 15% off or free shipping, depending on the website your ordering from.

Back