Santa'a new entrance....

No_Bivy

Treehouser
some pics from yesterdays frigid crane removal.....
It alsways surprises me how a weak White Pine limb can completely punture a roof. Could have been deadly:O

Santa can skip the chinmey here:lol:

Used a 50 ton...had to boom way down. Last pic was 90 plus feet away. Had to crib the shat outta it to get it level

off to finish the clean up this AM.......8)

Man, ya'll use big cranes! Nice job. Stuff like that is why I'll never have a tree like that next to my house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
tried to get a 30 ton....but it was on the job. I would have had to change the set up twice with that rig......it worked out, besides insurance is paying for the crane:D

actually she will come out ahead.....her roof was really old, all the little gravel pieces on the shingles were coming off, which made walking around on it sketchy.

actually she will come out ahead.....her roof was really old, all the little gravel pieces on the shingles were coming off, which made walking around on it sketchy.

only cause it didn't rain. ;)

very nice job, and fantastic pictures.

Great job and great pics too man... I rarely see pictures from inside the house also... The kind of pictures when some one asks me about what would happen if, I would show them just how potentially dangerous a tree falling on a house could be.
Thanks for the sharing man :D

Nice pics, Bivy, and one heck of job. Hope they can get that roof fixed before the rains come.

Although they should take a couple more tree out too.

there is talk of removing the remaining group of pines....they all lean over the roof. More crane work....yeehaw

Awesome pics and job. When I used to live up in DC I used to work for a bunch of insurance co.s. Kinda miss the "Rush" of an emergency job but on the other hand I dont miss being on call 24 7. The day after Fran we pulled 13 trees off of diferent houses, I just told the insurance co.s to have a rolloff at each job and we drove around with the crane. To date that was my best paying day ever:D

I got the Crane blues.
The insurance companies dont want to pay squid.
Nice work John . Do you get to just bill the insurance company what you paid for the crane ?

i do, anytime a crane is onsite to clean up trees that hit the house the insurance covers those costs

i do, anytime a crane is onsite to clean up trees that hit the house the insurance covers those costs

ditto......plus some for dropping what I was doing and getting it done

heck the disaster repair dudes were sitting there waiting until we had it off so the could button it up before it rained

I just showed my wife the pics of the limbs stabbing the house and my 3 yr old said "wow thats a big xmass tree":lol:

In DC I used to keep tarps and tarpaper nails in the truck and tarp holes in roof. I think we billed $100 for it but the big thing was the insurance co.s loved us for it;) We always told them that it was TEMPORARY and they needed to get real roofers out but I know on a few it saved them tens of thousands in water damage. Repeat business is nice on the gravy jobs8)

You could have just cut the tree up in the house and stacked it for firewood.

Maybe even charge them for the firewood.:P

You could have just cut the tree up in the house and stacked it for firewood.

Maybe even charge them for the firewood.:P

Jeez Dumbass, they try to knock money off because you don't have to haul it off:lol:

Crazy John, sheer dumb luck nobody was hurt!!

Long reach!! Nice work.

If there's been no crane access, would that standing tree have worked as a gin pole to lift the butt off the roof and clear of the deck? The rest of the tree looked easy, save for needing a carbide chain for all the short pieces you'd have had to cut, that were resting on the house. And caution to keep from falling through while cutting it up, or dropping a round through. Done a bunch of similar trees, craneless.

Long reach!! Nice work.

If there's been no crane access, would that standing tree have worked as a gin pole to lift the butt off the roof and clear of the deck? The rest of the tree looked easy, save for needing a carbide chain for all the short pieces you'd have had to cut, that were resting on the house. And caution to keep from falling through while cutting it up, or dropping a round through. Done a bunch of similar trees, craneless.

Yeah, it woulda been possible. However it would have sucked. We did use a tree to GRCS the stump back up and into the neighbors yard....cranes save A LOT of time and effort. If the insurance co wants it done fast and safer then so be it:D

Back