Snowmobiling

• Thread starter The Branch Doctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 2K
T

The Branch Doctor

Ahhhh I finally got to go sledding today and it felt damn good!!! Me and my sledding pal went up Cameron pass, parked the truck at 10,000 ft. (elevation), and rode for 70 miles in a high alpine winter wonderland.:D

Attachments

• Sledding 12-22--08 002.jpg
    Sledding 12-22--08 002.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Sledding 12-22--08 005.jpg
    Sledding 12-22--08 005.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Sledding 12-22--08 003.jpg
    Sledding 12-22--08 003.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 3
  • Sledding 12-22--08 004.jpg
    Sledding 12-22--08 004.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 3
That was one of my favorite winter activities when I was a kid. Spent many, many hours blazing through the woods and on the lake where I lived in northern NJ and at our hunting camp in upstate NY. Fun times and good memories. Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

Will those go through any snow conditions, or will they sing in and not move when it's too deep and soft?

bout $8500 this year, they went down a smidge. deep and soft is awesome if you know how to ride, not for begginners. i miss mine

Attachments

• Jan. 17 012.jpg
    Jan. 17 012.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Jan. 17 016.jpg
    Jan. 17 016.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So what's up Willie, you ever gonna ride again? I know you don't have a sled anymore but you gotta have a buddy that has one you can play on.

The snow is calling you bro.:D

Will those go through any snow conditions, or will they sing in and not move when it's too deep and soft?

When it comes to back country riding it's all about a long track and a big motor. If you're gonna be on groomed trails pretty much anything that runs will work.

And it looks like they've improved the suspension since the '70's. :D

And it looks like they've improved the suspension since the '70's. :D

I think it's safe to say they've improved everything on sleds since the 70's.... I hope.:D

i still have one, ill hve to unbury it in the carport and get a pic, 1975 john deere:D
i have 1 buddy still with a couple sleds but he lives 3 hours north of me now. maybe this winter8)

Man oh man that's better then sex! I too grew up ridin'em but now with all the development and the 'ctidiot's' I'm surrounded with made me give up my sleds. :cry: However I do take my quads out in the snow quite a bit and while some fun aint nuthin' like a sled. Thanks for posting!

Jeez, 10 years ago sleds were crappy compared to the new ones they are cranking out...

They can get you in a LOT of trouble now days... gotta be careful out there.

Back