ice cream thread

SkwerI

Treehouser
I can see an ice cream thread coming... Whats in your freezer?
Rick, this is your fault. :P

My favorite ice cream is Moose Tracks, vanilla ice cream with thick Denali chocolate swirls and mini chocolate covered peanut butter cups. It's Da Bomb but I tend to eat an entire half gallon in less than 24 hours, so I can't buy it very often. I've also had to start taking a Lact-aid pill before eating it or else my gut will churn for several hours.

Heath bar here but I like about all of it .

Wifey thinks I'm nuts .Eat ice cream and drink beer at the same time .:lol:

Try a beer float Al. I haven't had one in a while. Maybe for Christmas dinner.

This time of year I like peppermint stick ice cream. I can't remember disliking an ice cream flavor. Maybe that sealtest ice milk. My grandparents used to have that at their house when I was growing up. The Starbucks java chip is really good, but way to pricey.

Is this tradition now, the annual ice cream thread? haha

Favorite...that I haven't had since they advertised the fat content and calories: Hagendaaz (sp?) chocolate covered almond

If I ever get on death row, that's going to be included in my last supper.

Current favorite: Kroger brand Ice milk, Heavenly Hash

I like the moose tracks as well. Peanut butter and chocolate are a good combo. Least favorite it mint chocolate chip. A good vanilla is also good, especially over a brownie just out of the oven.

I know this isn't the cooking thread....but this is my absolute favorite chocolate sauce, served hot, over ice cream. If you have cocoa in the cupboard, and a can of evaporated milk....it takes only a few minutes:

Chocolate Sauce

¼ cup + 2 Tblsp. Cocoa
1 cup sugar
¾ cup evaporated milk
¼ cup margarine
1/8 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla

Mix Cocoa and sugar together until blended well. Add milk, margarine, and salt. Cook, just until it boils stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Serve warm over ice cream.

This will just be a torment thread since I am lactose intolerant. Too bad soy ice cream tastes funny.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Darin, the lactaid pills don't work for you? I stopped at the corner drugstore a few weeks ago and got a box of the store brand and they worked great for me. Took one about 5 minutes before sitting down with a big spoon and the carton of ice cream and never got my typical stomach ache 2 hours later.

Well gee wizz anybody that eats a half gallon would get the scoots .Even me with a cast iron stomach .I never eat more than a quart at a time .:lol:

I think I am the Will Rogers of the churn. I never met an ice cream I didn't like. I like the Moose tracks also-though in the brand I buy I get pretty much the same thing as "Bunny Tracks" but my favorite is Coffee. I retain a surprising affection for vanilla also. The Argentine flavor that I remember with fondness that I cannot get in the US is Crema Rusa(Russian Cream) I think it had Vodka in it.

Moose Tracks for me also! Just can't get in outside the ice cream shop, :cry:.

I also enjoy Banana ice cream as well.:)

HC

Maybe we should have a Tree House Ice Cream "Pole" to see what tree folks like!

Al. Things have probably changed but there weren't any cartons in those days in Argentina. For icecream you went to the ice cream shop. The one around the block from my house put Baskin Robbins to shame.

I'll have to try the 'Moose Tracks' this Christmas...I'll buy it when there's family around to help eat it so it won't be sitting too long in the freezer calling my name.

I like to get a quart of DQ soft serve and mix a bunch of peanut butter into it, AWESOME!
eat.gif

Back