riding atv

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
Does anybody get into riding.
We have been rained on dang near two weeks .
Usually i can cross this stream , and have dry shoes .
It made my rincon float :roll:
Nothing but wet mud here for miles and miles.
Better than ICE

Attachments

• stream.jpg
    stream.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 77
  • atv.jpg
    atv.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 80
I have an '03 Rincon. I don't ride it much lately. It gets used on the farm quite a bit to chase cows and build fence. I used to have 10,000 acres of riding just out the back door, but that's no longer available.

I haven't been on mine for over a year. Couldn't find the time and didn't have a job that warranted getting it out for work.

We were working on a forestry site close to home, some s***es were stealing our diesel by taking quad trips up teh rides in the woods and making off with 2 x 5 gallon drums a time. i got sent along on teh quad to fell some trees and close off the ride. it was 5 miles each way on the road then 5 miles in and out up the rides.

oh diesel is 98p a litre (about $1.50) just now. It was red they were stealing so is about half the price (reduced tax)

Jamie

I had a Rincon for 3 or 4 months, gave it absolute hell and then sold it. Impressive machine - would go through alot. It would take me a whole afternoon to get all the mud out of all the nooks and crannies on that thing, even with pressure washer.

I rode like a crazy mofo for a few years on quads. Only person I ran into who was catwalking(ripped my exhaust off multiple times mastering that trick) and jumping a four wheel drive quad was me :D. I rode with mainly sport quads and bikes so had to get a little inventive to keep up. Rolled multiple times, massive damage to my 03 polaris 500 sportsman. At 1000miles it had a complete rebuild catastrophic engine failure. Then I sold it, no more riding here right now. If I get back into it I'll only buy a full on sport quad this time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Word , im already concidering a full on sport quad.
Seems like the only way to fly.

Use to own a three wheeler years back...dangerous friging thing. You have to lean the oposite direction when making a turn. Sold it & bought a boat.

Like to get a 4 wheeler next time but can't justify the price when its only gonna be used 2 weeks out of the year for hunting.

They are a handy unit for hauling deer & moose quarters out of the bush!!!

Are you talking about doing a wheely, or riding on just two tires on one side? I've done both. My longest wheely is 1.5 miles, from my friends house back to home. You can steer in a wheely, you just have to lean to one side. I could probably go for miles in the right conditions.

I use the "wheelers" all the time at the ski area , MUCH FUN ! slow and crazy in the woods (bike trails) fast and exciting on the ski trails ... there's nothing like a ride to the summit on the work road .... JUMPING the water bars !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My wife and i rode Real cove .
I was going up a old road bed with a giant ditch in the center .
It was scary and hard.
Nearly flipped it.

I ride quite a bit. I use it also for gettin' firewood or other misc. jobs as I need to but mostly ride for hunting/fun. You know the sticker that warns against riding two on them. I'm here to tell you it's very true every time I take 'ol jim beam for a ride I always flip that damm thing!:lol:

Are you talking about doing a wheely, or riding on just two tires on one side? I've done both. My longest wheely is 1.5 miles, from my friends house back to home. You can steer in a wheely, you just have to lean to one side. I could probably go for miles in the right conditions.

A wheely not just on two side by side, but that's kind of fun too. Sounds like we'd have fun riding together.:) Granted some of the dudes I was riding with were wheelying it up too, but on sport quads not 4x4's, although I'm certain if they had owned a 4x4 they'd have been doing it too.8)

I could wheely forever on my Honda 400EX, the Rincon wil stand it up nice, but the independant reap suspension isn't as precise as a solid axle.

Back