1/2-3/4-full wrap handlebars.

JIML

Treehouser
I noticed in skwerls post about his new husky he didn't want the wrap handle.

I personally like a 3/4 wrap handle. Its alot easier to use the saw while making felling cuts. I like to always cut a tree from one side, face it and back cut it from the same side. That way im not running around the tree getting dizzy :lol: Only real downside I have noticed is flushing a stump. I know the west coasters use them alot more than people in the midwest or out east...

My 660 at work has a half wrap, I don't know how many times i have spun the saw over and came close to dropping it cause the handle isn't there.

Jim... I think that is the main reason that most don't use them becaue it is hard to ALAP a stump with a full or 3/4 wrap.

I prefer a 3/4 wrap myself... but I mostly fall timber when I get the chance now. Not a lot of ALAPin' here...

Gary

The Husky full wrap is horribly placed. It blocks both the rear bar nut as well as the chain tensioner screw. A royal PITA trying to fight it, especially after 25 years of running saws with half wrap handles.

And I have no problem running a saw right side up, up side down, left side or right side with a half wrap handle. That's why god made it so your wrist could bend. :lol:

The 3/4 wrap would be nice, especially since it doesn't block the bar nut or tensioner screw.

I was never really a fan of a wrap handle. A 76 I bought had a full wrap till I moddified it with a hacksaw. The 46 we have has one and I have come to like it . Gives the saw a little more body so to speak for easier manuvering and seems to balance the saw out a little better.

I especially liked it when I was blocking down a pine tree last year. It was so much easier making the face cut with that wrap handle than a regular one. The only thing I don't like is the exhaust is so close to the handle on a 46 that you can get your hand burned. I used that saw yesterday and that handle was sure nice and having heavy gloves on I didn't notice the exhaust.

The only time I get to much appreciating a 3/4 wrap handle, is when it's a big old heavy saw, like the 090G tank that I have. It makes handling them a lot easier. With a lighter saw....meh.....more in the way than anything else, at least for me.

Damn, them some big dawg's Gary!
It's a PNW thing .All my old fallers that originally came from the left coast have some big hardware on them . Kinda handy at times . None of them however have that type of handle ,all full wraps .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gary, where did you get that handle? Looks like an old pro safety. I sold a saw that had one of them on it. I liked it alot, a little bigger around seemed to make it easier on the hands.

Jim... I got it from Madsen's. It is a USA Handlebars 3/4 wrap. It is a little thicker which is good for my big ol' Sasquatch hands...

Madsen's Shop and Supply Co.

They don't list them on their website, so you will have to give them a call on the phone. The big ol' dogs on that 044 are from Madsen's too. They are made at Madsen's, and come with the ceramic roller too... I like them because they are coated in Black Oxide... kinda gangsta... :lol:

Anyways... USA Handlebars are made by one guy somewhere in Oregon. He is pretty slow... so when Madsen's runs out of a particular style... it takes a while to get new ones. They have a lot of 3/4 wrap bars for the 044 046 and 066 in stock. Usually the full wraps are what they have a hard time gettin'. I originally wanted a full wrap for the 044... but after waiting 3 months, I just went ahead and got the 3/4 wrap that they had on the shelf. :)

I believe Jeff (killshunterswithfishguts), has the only USA Handlebars 3/4 wrap for an MS361...

Gary

Gary do you know if there is 3/4 handle for the 372xpg ??
I got a heated fullwrap for it but the 3/4 seems nicer I think, and if it's a bit bigger then that's a bonus got them Sasquatch hands too ,,,

Jim... I got it from Madsen's. It is a USA Handlebars 3/4 wrap. It is a little thicker which is good for my big ol' Sasquatch hands...

Gary
Back in the day I used to put about 6-8 layers of rubber tape on the bars followed by 2 of 3 of plastic .Plumped them up a tad and took away the shake rattle and roll from those rigid mounted engines .

Back