2009 World Juniors Hockey tournament

Paul B

I dig hammocks.
It all starts Boxing day. :D
IIHF under 20 website
canada_celebrates_gold_medal_world_junior_hockey_480x285.jpg

canadagold1.jpg

Paul, do you pay any attention to the OHL? Windsor Spitfires?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
not much, I can name a few teams but honestly I dont take the time to watch, heck I think I have watched maybe 3 NHL games so far this year. The juniors I try to watch the good games, being off at this time of year usually it has become a tradition. Started watching in the early 90's.
My buddy and I watched in 96 (I think) and we said if they win, we buy team jerseys, they did, we did. I still sport it these days when its appropriate, only a couple bloodstains in it from when I wore it to pick up hockey a number of years ago. :)

well, Canada beat Russia tonight in a shootout after overtime after tying 5-5, they scored with 5.6 seconds let to get the tie, talk about a nail biter.

Now we play Sweden on Monday for the gold/silver medal. 4pm PST if you are interested.

The last two games (USA then Russia) were two of the best games I have seen in this tournament in many years, very intense, lots of effort and reasonably matched skills.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=261814&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main
I have been on the edge of my seat for the last three hours, I am spent, gotta recharge tomorrow for the next game, being a spectator can be draining too ya know! :D

Dunno, dont get ESPN up here. We have TSN, it may be on satellite or US cable. US is out though so I am not sure if they would continue to cover the series?

Its usually pretty good. Most of the players have been drafted but havent seen any pro play yet, still trying to impress the higher ups and not soiled by sponsors etc as bad as the seasoned pros.

so far, halfway through the second period its Canada 2 Sweden 0. pretty good game !
:D

Yahooo!!!!! 5-1 Canada vs Sweden, GOLD!!! for Canada! 5 in a row!!!

Attachments

• P1054944 (Large).JPG
    P1054944 (Large).JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 1
more celebration... :D

Attachments

• P1054938 (Large).JPG
    P1054938 (Large).JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 1
he was home for the third period only, momma took him out to the doc for a visit. :D He was pleased with the result. I have watched the tournament annually since about 1990, I was 18, he watched parts this year, before he is 1. I hope its the start of a tradition. :D

Team shot.

Attachments

• Team_82456.jpg
    Team_82456.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 15
Back