Jst a little storm tree

rbtree

Climbing Up
We took a 26" 90 foot hemlock off a house Saturday....a fun and easy $2500, didn't start till 12:30......GRCS on tree nearby to pick the butt off the house, and block and portawrap in a big fir in neighbor's yard , perfectly placed to reach the top. CMI foot ascender and Croll with prussic backup above croll...I like that method!

It snowed 3 inches at my house Sat evening, started just as we wrapped up the job...once temps drop below freezing, it may not get above for days....coldest snap in 15 years. could drop to 15 or lower in town--Fahrenheit.

18-30" of new in the mountains...only a couple areas open though with limited operations. There was no or almost no base before this storm.

Here it is noon on monday and the temp is still only up to 26...brrr...gotta go do a couple bids, and take some pics of the white stuff.

Here's a bit of video....not very good, handholding a camera in the tree, and sloppy commentary

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jugBoxxUWU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jugBoxxUWU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gese i could not pull 1300 on that down here anymore.
The insurance companies are telling us how much tree work cost.
I was told by an insurance company that crane fee is 47.00 an hour.
I was like thats idiotic, what size crane are you talking about , she said anysize.
First year ive ever heard of anything like this.
Nice work as usual RB....
Sounds nippy up there but i bet its pretty.
Jerr

Yeah we getting the snow too RB...
Nice shots of that rigging.. See if I get any like those this year. Had one last year with the heavy snow we usually get a few on the roof. That GCRS sure makes faster work than my come alongs. LOL Maybe some day when I can implement it more when I am doing more tree work I can justify the expense.
Can't charge what you do there.
Nice job btw :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did, Pauli....and will, prolly be skiin' the next few days.....

Here's a bit more:

Here's pics/ vid from yesterday.....I was alone, and had to improvise to get this large failed atlas cedar limb off a fence without damaging the fence any more. I had no blocks, friction, or lowering/lifting devices with me, only one rope, and a throw line (customer said the limb was already down...which it kinda was.)

So, I cut off what I could, easily, then attached the line to it (I could have cut and pushed more chunks, but it was a bit high up for my lacking statuesquity, and I wanted to have some fun.) Ran it through a rough barked natural crotch, and down to my 4wd liteweight Toyota, which, even in 4wd, could gain little purchase in the 35 F snow laden road. It could hold it, though.

3131642864_917cbc6cf3_o.jpg

3131642892_f5fdee4b1d_o.jpg

It's hard to tell, in the vid, but I had the limb tied over a wide area, with a bunch of marls, and rigged to the truck. Then I cut and hung the end piece...then swung the 2nd. after that, I just pushed a couple chunks over the fence, then reattached the line. Missed that minor part, as the play button didn't like my gloves, or somethin'.... Lowered the last piece by driving the truck forward...21st century rigging, eh?!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TCu4F0LtSqo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TCu4F0LtSqo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gese i could not pull 1300 on that down here anymore.
The insurance companies are telling us how much tree work cost.
I was told by an insurance company that crane fee is 47.00 an hour.
I was like thats idiotic, what size crane are you talking about , she said anysize.
First year ive ever heard of anything like this.
Nice work as usual RB....
Sounds nippy up there but i bet its pretty.
Jerr

couning the time setting lines, warming up, and lollygagging, we had 20 manhours on the job...that's cheap, for storm work, at $125. hr....we did chip and buck wood.....and cleaned up in two yards.

We have some here, and deodar and libani, that are 4-5 feet dbh.

That one was massacred years ago, and will be time consuming to do the end weight reduction.... a lot of recrotching and redirecting

Sounds just like that hot little saw I bought from What's-his-name, Dan? A 2154 or 2054, something like that. That was a screaming saw, I'll have to check the shed and see if it's still in there. :|:

That's my dolmar 5100S, ported by Ed Heard. He did a danged good job on it. It's faster than the 346 he did at the same time. But my stock 5100 is a ripper as well.

Getting a 346NE from spike 60 before the year end, as he's honoring the old price, and having a west builder massage it....

Cool deal. Those Dolmars are nice, although I'm not fond of the handle layout. And my oldest 346xp is faster than the ne346 that Ed built for me, I sold the ne after 3-4 months and kept my old one.
8)

Back