Fun trick when trap shooting.

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
:\:I know alot of yall might have done this befor, but anyhow yesterday my uncle was up here in my neck o wood s for some shooting.
So we shot pistols for hours , he literally banged away for three straight hours on some god forsaken austrian 9 mill.
The we started to go for some trap shot and i realized my time to load him down with double aught bucks and slugs.
He was in such a shooting frenzy he didnt even notice:O:\::O:\::O:\::O:\::O:\:
Holy cow,
i can only tell you after a while ,,,:evil:my dad and i had to tell him why he was missing:P
OMG:|:

You must realy like your uncle a lot to do that to the poor guy! Good joke!

We use to do stuff like that when my friends & I got together shooting. My favouret was to slip a handfull of .22cal CB-longs into the pocket of my friend who was using a semi auto .22 rifle. :/:

His rifle works best with a high velosity load in order to cycle its action but with the CB-Longs only pushing out at maybe 600fps, his rifle would just bog down. :D:lol:

Another trick we'd do is mess with the other guys sights or scope and just to watch him try & figure what happend.

Almost forgot. In the military, I was a small arms coach and a member of my regiments Rifle Team. When one of the guys was doing very well in practice and getting "full of himself", we'd set him up. One of us would distract him while another guy would make a change to his rifle to increase the gas pressure that cycles the action! It feels like getting hit with a sledge hammer, :what:! A humbling experience for the guy with the big ego!:D:lol:

Good times,

HC

in stead of a handfull of bird shot theres just 1 or 2 pellets or slugs. shell looks the same but your not likely going to hit a trap flying away from you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And the kick is about 5 times more.
Butch when you r trap shooting you use a pretty lightweight shot and there is not much kick.
When you fire a slug sheew ittl dang near knock you down.
Hea a big guy and what the most funny thing is he didnt even notice...

Dark actually regulation trap loads are fairly heavy and recoil with those and slugs don't differ much......slugs just seem like much harder kickers because we usually shoot them with deliberate aim/rifle style instead of the fluid swing of shot loads/wing shooting. Skeet loads are generally lighter than Reg Trap loadings.

My buddy Dave who was in an entourage that shot muzzle loaders as an exibition for the Queen of Engand used to play tricks on people .We woud shoot trap with those 58 cal Zouaves .The people thought we were shooting 580 grain maxi balls but in fact we had a 100 grains of 3 f powder and a double load of number 8 shot .You can't miss .;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
WE were using skeet shot.
The cheapest shot i can find for hitting clay targets thrown with a plastic chunker.

Bob, Fowling piece. A fouler is some nasty Canuckitard Hockey "enforcer".
-------------------------

Stumps,

A Fowling piece or Fowler is a 20ga smooth bore muzzleloader. It can shoot lead shot like a shotgun as well as a patch round ball. A very cool all round gun in its day.

A Canuckitard Hockey "enforcer" as you call it would be someone such as Bob Probert!

I've known Bob P. when we were in Army Cadets back in 1980.

Next I heard he was hired by the Detroit Red Wings as a goon. Turns out, the guy plays good as well. Bumped into him about a year ago.

First pic... A Fowler.
Secont pic... Bob P. as an enforcer/fouler.

Attachments

• fowler.jpg
    fowler.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 23
  • bros2.jpg
    bros2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 25
Back