Another ugly stump

Burnham

Woods walker
Clowns felling for kicks or whatever...just dropped a few across a major FS road and left them for some poor shmuck to hit in the dark, I guess. Too bad they managed to survive, somehow.

I took a few pics of this prime example of the tree fallers art :lol:.

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    819.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    750.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    837.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's another beauty...though he does display a certain consistancy :roll:.

The yellow paint was applied by some good samaritan to make the butt more visible where it was sticking out into the travelway.

Attachments

• IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    879.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 81
Really dumb .Not to worry by the looks of things you will get them although they may be a little flat when you find them .Like in pancake .

captobvious-738633-747223.jpg

haha, dont look for a pro as the culprit!

:lol:

It's hard to tell from the pics just how big those trees were. They look small, but I'm guessing they are bigger than they appear. Right?

If whoever did the handiwork is caught, they should be made to say a hundred times, "Yes, I will read The Fundamentals of General Tree Work".

If that is national forest land they will thankfull if that was all the punishment will be . I don't old Sam ,like in uncle takes too kindly to people foolen with his trees .Even less of some fool that dropped them across a roadway .

Burnam. The evidence of the techniques pictured in your photos shows no expertise. Indicative of some poor untrained sucker trying to keep his family warm, or an inexperienced wood pirate.

Too bad either should happen.

Training is essential either way.

Looks like a stump cut I went over and looked at today across the street.. OMG I should have a picture I thought. But here ya posted them B.. LOL
Neighbor across the street dropped a leaning Bull Pine snag. It was ugly!....

They left the wood behind, right Burnham?
My guess is kids, or just some other dumbass prankster/vandals.

They left the wood behind, right Burnham?
My guess is kids, or just some other dumbass prankster/vandals.

You got it, just left across or into the road...there where 4 in total, scattered within about 5 miles of road segment. Main road, too.

So no wood thief. Those guys go back on the little dead end spurs for the most part.

That looks like it could really hurt someone if they hit into it with a motorbike or even a car or truck.
Mean thing to do.

Yeah that's makes no sense at all, which points to teenagers... or idiot(s).

Lots of alcohol and the words, "hold my beer and watch this!" come to mind...
:roll:

There are cases of actual tree huggers doing this to block roads for further work they don't agree with like logging. Makes no sense. But vandalism is more common than we would like to think.

That's ridiculous. Bastards should be whipped with a thousand willow limbs and left for dead. Beyond stupid.

YUP! I agree squishy... But I would use something more thorny ;)

We need to make this the stump shot thread and add to it... Take our ugliest and best and put em up bros. Seriously...
I know we would learn from it. I wandered some stumps today that others have done in the neighborhood. YIKES.. I need a camera. Makes my ugly look good.. LOL

They're lucky they tried that on Douglas-fir, most woods are no where near so forgiving.

Back