another big Texas pine

• Thread starter Treeslayer
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 4K
T

Treeslayer

I do a lot of these big pines,
arborphobia took out this one and a smaller one one next to it. :?

Attachments

• Westcoast trip 08 001.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 001.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Westcoast trip 08 002.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 002.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 172
  • Westcoast trip 08 003.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 003.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Westcoast trip 08 005.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 005.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
had telephone lines, cable, and a big guy wire on the poles under it, and the gas meter was a prime target.

and the homeowner said " dont worry about the plants". :/:

so I mashed em good. :evil:

Attachments

• Westcoast trip 08 010.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 010.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Westcoast trip 08 011.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 011.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Westcoast trip 08 012.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 012.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Westcoast trip 08 014.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 014.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 168
Great pictures, Love the guy with a cowboy hat cutting in overall's.

Classic.

So, you live in Virginia and travel to Texas, for work?

and of course the triumphant alpha male victory pose.

forgive the lack of PPE, but I have no excuse.:what:

that tree took forever to get down, (almost 4 hours.) had to lower every damn limb, and the A 1 ground crew I had fought every other piece.

but I won.

Attachments

• Westcoast trip 08 017.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 017.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Westcoast trip 08 016.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 016.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Westcoast trip 08 019.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 019.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Westcoast trip 08 021.jpg
    Westcoast trip 08 021.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 165
I'm still here after Ike, but running out of work, at least until after the x-mas lull. I'm flying back to VA next week for a long break.

the guy in the hat is Jody, from bridge city, Texas. he owns the big cat skidsteer loader in the pic. and a couple of NICE stumpgrinders. damn fine tree guy.

the homeowner shot video, (VHS) any way to get it on here Butch?

And the next day, doing the other pine, I found the underground gas line with one of those big 8' blocks. it was barely 3 INCHES in the ground.:?

I could smell gas 40' in the air, my guy looked in a divot, :O

homeowner ate that one of course. he was cool about it, though. this guy watched me for half a day at his neighbors, BEFORE he asked me to come price his trees. and paid top $$$. and I've been back twice, to his house, and got 3 other jobs referred by him.

makes my day to work for guys like this.

The first thing you have to do is get the video online. The best and easiest place to do that is youtube. Then you can link it to here. You're going to have to figure out how to get VHS into a format that can be put on your computer.

Brian's a bit slow.....

:lol:

:P

Try this, Dave....

http://www.aarp.org/learntech/computers/hardware/digitizing_vhs_tapes_with_dazzle.html

You remember Dave, who called ya after IKE? We're slowing up a bit....still have work...but he's off to Cali tomorrow to work for an old friend for a week or so...

When I tell him how long it took ya to do that puny pine, he'll laugh.....:/:
;)

uhhh j/k...8)

We did a 110 foot fir today....18 yards of chips....speed lined about 50 limbs, lowered some, dropped a few, and dumped the top..... in about 3 hours...but he left at 12 to go hang a 48 inch star on top of a tree, leaving Brian and I to rake up and drop the last 25 feet. Tree was about 40" on the butt...and had at least 3 cord of wood in it. Had to firewood it, could maybe have brought a log truck in for the bottom 45 feet, but didn't....couldn't get a guy with a portable saw mill to mill it either....

If fir were paying better, I woulda sold it..prolly should have. We have close to 8500 board feet on the ground on two sites to skid out with the self loader tuesday. A couple were 150-160 footers that I had room to flop whole...I haveta put that video up.....

Mighty fine tree. And good work there, Slayer. Been there a few times my self. Unfortunately for the lack of PPE your soul will burn in hell.

Well, least not amongst us heathens.

To protect your head from sunburn? I've tried and I just cannot wear a hat. I get too hot and end up with physical symptoms of heat stroke if I wear a hat, I need some air flow to keep from cooking my brain. But then I have thick hair so sunburn isn't an issue.

Roger, I'd like to do a working vacation with ya,
see how its done by old timers.:lol:

seriously, you tip over some big ones, I know. course it would have to be warm weather, Texas is spoiling me.8)

Tell Dave I forgot to eat breakfast, or something........

and one more big pine. different job.
note the bull rope that had been dead manned. buried that rope when I slammed this 100 footer. this one took 10 minutes. took an hour to cut up and retrieve the rope. :?

:D

note the ball cap.

Attachments

• kens pine.jpg
    kens pine.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 133
Back