Hitchclimber pulley...likin' it!

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
I picked up a new hitchclimber pulley, the one with three attachment holes, when I was in Oz in September.
I put it to use for the first time today and after some adjustments to get everything lining up properly I am really liking it!

I'm using a distel tied with eye/eye ice tail, when I tried using a regular micro pulley before, it was too close to my bridge for ascending, and the pulley was too tight under the hitch to allow smooth descent or branch walking.
The hitchclimber with two crabs gives a better separation so I can get a good pull going up and its just the right distance below the hitch to loosen it off for going down or out without all those little, 'jerks'...make sense? It self tends nicely too for one handed adjustment.

So, did I say, I like it!!:D

I'm wanting to get some sort of hitch advancing setup going and there are too many choices.

I'm wanting to get some sort of hitch advancing setup going and there are too many choices.

two carabiners, one eye and eye split tail, and a micro pulley.

The choices are on the knot you want, start simple.
The reward is like walking on your hind legs for the first time.

i use bee line and have been using a kit from bishop the cheap one with small pulley is $18. or a few $ more for the deluxe pulley..works ok..its a small prusik , key chain biner and micro pulley...does the job, cheap, nuff said

OK OK I cheated I admit.. I went and bought the Split tail Kit #2 Blake's Hitch/Tautline from WesSpur. $62.00 ready to go. Added it to my gear and love that lil ol thang ;)

Some times I use modern hitches and rope tender pulleys and sometimes I don't. I think I must be simple or something as just doesn't blow me away or anything.

What I tried to do was to use my blakes hitch and advance it using the beeline eye to eye prussiced around the the climbline to a carabiner with the pulley under the blakes. Maybe I have the wrong kind of pulley as it wanted to pinch the blakes instead of push it up. I think I will get one of those pulleys with the 3 holes in it and try that.

orrrrr use a dog snap instead of the pulley if you can't part with the $20

hitchclimber is a bit more expensive at $60 I think. of course you can do more with it.....

http://gypoclimber.com/showthread.php?t=9720&highlight=hitchclimber

Dog snaps work great on lanyard adjusters but definitely go the $25 and get a micro pulley for your climbing hitch, it's a helluva lot smoother.

I want to get a hitchclimber but too many other gear things are higher priority right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The hitchclimber is a cool piece of gear for sure!

How's things Bermie?

'Tings is good OTG...' raining today so I get to stay home and send out invoices...mybe I'll even vacuum...NOT!

Until I can find my cardreader, I can't post any pictures...:(

With the setup I now have, a spliced eye in the end of my climb line would be a distinct advantage, the knot is a tad close to the distel for comfort, have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't interfere...this is a work in progress...

I also keep a split tail handy for those times the low tech approach is a better option...I tried the micro pulley under a blakes, having the pulley attached to a micro prussick on the standing end of the line, tried the pulley direct on my crab...nothing worked well enough to my satisfaction, pulley under a distel was the best so far and the hitchclimber has just improved it even more.

Back