Concidering ATV purchase

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
Just for me and wife to ride for fun.
I keep hearing buy two 250cc models.
I was thinking but a 4 wheel drive model and we both cruise to start with plus i can use it in tree work;)Uncle sam...
Any reccomendations?

Yeah, 250cc sucks. They're weak and small. I had a Kawasaki Prairie 650 4x4 and it was the cat's meow.

Just my .02:)

Yah 250 will be to small for ya I think. I had a sportsman 500 and after a couple of months I found it underpowered.

250 is fine for forwarding brush with a trailer, if your dragging brush and logs you want something bigger

My wife rides a 250....................two stroke.:D If you want fun on the trails, buy the largest discplacement you can find. Two months in I would have easily forked out the difference to have had a 700. I called mine the rubber band machine, as in put a rubber band on the throttle and go cause it felt so gutless to me. I was swapping off with my buddies DS650 every chance I got. He he my buddies 650 was also bottle fed(nitrous) which made it even more insane to ride.

I should've probably got a sport quad. I spent most of my time trading off between one buddies DS650(giant sport quad) and my other buddies piped/reeded Banshee which are a fun little ripper.

I was bitterly dissapointed with my machine and rolled it twice trying to do things with it I shouldn't have been.

I burned my pro hauler out twice on brush and wood dragging at it 230 cc. Low geared though and low gearing is also something to consider. Thing was only 2wd and would go anywhere. So definitly go bigger if you use it for work.. I miss our quad. It was a handy lil bugger and lots of fun for the family....

Attachments

• Quad1.JPG
    Quad1.JPG
    467.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Quad2.JPG
    Quad2.JPG
    420.7 KB · Views: 4
  • PB230002.JPG
    PB230002.JPG
    412 KB · Views: 4
  • PB230048.JPG
    PB230048.JPG
    425.9 KB · Views: 5
Oh yeah..... maybe I buy them at Walmart, what's it too ya?:D

we had a couple of these little bad boys growing up, i loved em.
04-07-08%20Quadrunner%20Side.jpg

my buddy has a couple of these, sweet work horses!!
fig8.jpg

I'm just startin' chit. In my experience, the Hondas were just getting nicely broken in when the others were just plain broken. Your mileage may vary.

That Polaris would be great for pulling an elk out..... damn them buggers are big and HEAVY.

Suzuki, nice Willie! I bet that was a blast growing up with. Only four wheeler I had as a kid was red, radio flyer I beleive.:D

I'm just startin' chit. In my experience, the Hondas were just getting nicely broken in when the others were just plain broken. Your mileage may vary.

I have a tendency to break them. I'm kinda tough on em.:evil:

Strange, they are the only ones that'll stand up to my fat ass.:roll: I run the hell outta mine. They seem to crash well, too.:/:

Back