Old friend

Al Smith

Mac Daddy
I got a surprise visit from an old saw I once owned .The old Mac 7-10 decided not to run for some reason ,most likley kill switch problems .

After I gave it a good talkin to it simmered right down and got with the program .;)

Good old cutter actually one of my favorites of the 10 series .Actually a 10-10 on steroids at 4.3 cubic inchs .Made back in the day before EPA mufflers and wimpy oilers .Just a tad slower than a modern 70 cc saw but not much and with a tad more grunt too boot . A little bit loud though .

Afterthought .This one has a carb from an SP 125 on it ,shh .

Attachments

• old 7-10 001.jpg
    old 7-10 001.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 103
  • old 7-10 002.jpg
    old 7-10 002.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awww, Al's softer side. Can you still get parts for it?
Yes you can find parts .It's basically a 10-10 .The only diff is the block and piston about everything else interchanges . Like most of the 10 series ,they run forever almost .

I don't know what the deal is .Some of the 10 series rattle so hard they will shake your teeth loose ,others run smooth as silk .This example is of the later .You can run this one all day and still feel your fingers ,a good thing .;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh 30 years old and running good is nothing .I have them 50 years old that still putt along nicely for old duffers .;)

You should have another surprise in 2-3 days at your front door step ;)

Back