need opinions asap - snowboarding

• Thread starter Greenhorn
  • Start date
  • Replies 77
  • Views 8K
G

Greenhorn

So I have the oppurtunity to go to a resort for a very minimal price in steamboat springs colorado next week. Never skiied / snow boarded before - got one guy saying there will not be enough snow and not a good time/place to learn, guy with the resort booked is saying the opposite of course.

Any of you Colorado guys got any predictions? Does man made snow really suck?

THANKS!

Man made never as nice as powder grass hopper.... ;)
If there is snow, go for it. Should be snow amounts to be had on line or by phone. Bet the Colorado guys know. Maybe I will call my sister if nobody knows for sure. OBTW its raining here in CA so snow may be on its way. Who knows ;)
If ya got snow... its time to learn IMO

I think the person who told you NOT to go may already be an experienced snowboarder well versed in the intricacies of different snow types.

If you've never been, I don't think your big interest will be the texture of the snow. For you, i think it will be all about the experience- the place, the beauty, the cold, the speed, etc.

I say be skeptical of the sales guy, but go anyways.

love
nick, who is getting ready to wax the old snowboard!

Current snow levels are pretty pitiful in much of the state........but it will likely snow in the high country Friday and Steamboat got some real stuff earlier that probably stuck. Personaaly I am opposed to jumping off high places with or without a plank strapped to my feet but I think Nick gave you good advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys, keep me posted Colorado folks!

Go for it, eventhough snowboarding is for girls cause everyone knows real men telemark. Still any day on the hill is gonna kick ass over a day of work or sitting around the homestead.

im a 2 planker wanker:D at least i was before i bought a snowmobile years ago

ive only got the 1975 deere left, one of these years. might try and go skiing this year again, i bet its been 5-7 years!

Go for it! 8) Sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Even if you don't go snowboarding, it's an amazing place to visit. I learned to ski in the northeast US, actually not skiing, more like sliding on ice. :D When I went to Colorado, I had to learn all over again, it's just not the same.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
probably go, just equally as much to get away, that way I wont be pissed!

One Add ...I was a snowmaker for 10 years , before going to patrol ... Do NOT be so quick to down man made snow .... todays technology is pretty amazing as well as the product .... the "dark" days of snowmaking are long gone....

Die to ski, ski to die.....

more later...movie time...

meanwhile,

point 'em!!!!!

I was just razzing about the snow. Ride what ya got, a bad day of skiing still beats...........wait there are no bad days skiing.:D

I'm psyched this year, finally some time and opportunity to put in a good number of days this year, family and responsibilities really stole a few seasons away from me. Well worth it though, I'm hoping to get my kiddo up on skis this year, four's not to young is it? I've already got a late season trip planned to Banff and surrounding areas.

Yup.. No such thing.. I remember skiing So Cal and it was all iced up. Granted I hurt that night and a few days, even though my edges were SHARP! But man I was high for days on that much fun :) NO REGRETS. I have even had 2nd degree burns from skiing were I probably should not have been with not enough on. But no regrets. Sloosh is always awesome!

Back