Mossberg 930 spx.

TheTreeWiseMen

Redneck Limey
Can't find one anywhere and I mean anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I could get my sweaty British mitts on one? Looks like this....

Attachments

• 85360.jpg
    85360.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 20
They had sold two others just recent that went for less money and had the light and all on them.... Guess they are a commodity now ;) Sign of the times man...

Ithaca 37 Is Robs choice. Said it was easier to clear a jam and pretty much bullet proof, pardon the pun. Now granted, we are talking a marine that shot a lot of diffy guns and worked in the armory for a time.

Um, the 37 is a pumpgun and as such jamming is nearly a non issue. Short stroking leaves the chamber empty, not jammed.

Not a bad gun by any means, and it's bottom eject can be an advantage.

For pump a Mossy, Remmy, Benelli, and Ithaca all make good guns. I like my Benellis best, for a "normal" gun. Otherwise the 870 gets the nod mainly because it's cheaper to find used and it's controlls are similar to the Novas.

Ithaca 37 here...bought it in the late 60's...it's been a reliable performer. I have the standard bbl plus a Deerslayer bbl for slugs.

I have 2 rem 1100's 1 was my dads. bout in the early 70' . I bout my 1100 used with two barrels 1 slug & bird(modify coke) I love these gun's & it what i grew up on. Both gun are from the 70' . They had some problems in the mid 80"

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Better check your bid - you've got competition.

I know mate, and there's no way I'm forking out over $800 for a $550 shotgun! Soooo, I bid on a FN SLP 12 gauge and got it for $799 (including shipping).....RESULT, considering I'm seeing them going for over $900. Will put some pics up when it arrives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Picked it up today.......this is one kick ass self loading shotgun, can't wait to get some range/skeet busting time with this. Swap the chokes out and you got a great turkey/goose gun. Swap 'em again and you're good to go for deer with slug too.

Attachments

• slp 006.jpg
    slp 006.jpg
    793.5 KB · Views: 4
  • slp 009.jpg
    slp 009.jpg
    795.3 KB · Views: 3
  • slp 004.jpg
    slp 004.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 3
  • slp 012.jpg
    slp 012.jpg