Soccer fans anyone?

stehansen

Climbing Up
I don't know if there are any soccer fans here, I'm certainly not one, but I saw this picture in our local paper and thought it was pretty impressive. The guys in dark jerseys are from our local high school and this picture was taken in their first playoff game.

Attachments

• soccer.jpg
    soccer.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe you'll be a soccer dad here in a few years Willie. We have a huge Mexican population here in the town I live in. This is one sport in which that has really helped. We have two high schools and in a 7 team Div III league we came in first and second.

My sister (youngest) was a USA allstar in her league and my Nefew rocks too. But he just started with skateboarding and is doing great at it and won in town here on his last visit for his age group.
Always fun to watch .. some of the moves and air are amazing.

when i lived in santarosa id go watch the cup at 4am at my coworkers place. his wife would keep bringing us fresh tortillas

I love soccer. Played until high school when it became a conflict with football. Hind sight being 20/20, I would've skipped football alltogether. It seems there isn't a market in pro football for a 6' 135# linebacker:?

Attachments

• gbr.gif
    gbr.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 38
Soccer seems pretty boring to me, except when watching a real good team. I think it was last year that Italy was number one....? I was blown away by their passing and intuition....a thing of beauty to observe.

It bugs me how players fake being hurt, grabbing their legs and stuff, but you can see in a replay of what happened, that nothing was much in the way of injury producing. Sometimes they get carried off in a stretcher, but rejoin the match a few minutes later. I figure it must be to get a penalty called, or maybe just to grab a short rest....? I know the fans go nuts, but it seems kind of whimp.

Maybe if I drank more tequila......

I know that soccer fans take their game seriously. I remember that little incident in South America, I believe it was......after losing a big match, the team manager (coach), was assassinated.

Hup Holland, Hup. :D
knvblogo_717109b.jpg

I think the sport at the professional level definitely has the craziest fans.

Cursed, I see Mariposa won the Div IV high school section championship.

Not so much a "fan"...

But I have coached soccer off and on for 11 years. Both my kids are really into soccer. Oldest daughter is now on the High School team, and the younger daughter is playin' in a winter indoor soccer league...

I am involved in it by default... ;)

Gary

:shifty: start'em young. :D

Attachments

• PB174591 (Large).JPG
    PB174591 (Large).JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 3
  • PB174583 (Large).JPG
    PB174583 (Large).JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 2
Back