• Thread starter NeTree
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 7K
N

NeTree

I don't get it... :?

western mass craigslist > barter

Tree Service In Exchange For ? (Western MA/CT)
Reply to: sale-903742936@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-03, 8:17AM EST

We are an Eco-Friendly Tree Service operating out of Northampton, MA servicing Western Mass and Connecticut. We offer a wide variety of tree care services including pruning/trimming, takedown/removal, planting,timber stand improvement, forest beautification, and land management, and we LOVE to BARTER.

We accept all kinds of items for payment and we offer free consultation so you have nothing to lose by having us come by for an estimate.

We also use biodiesel in all our vehicles, biodegradable oils in all our tools, and we are a carbon balanced company. We care for your trees and we care for the earth.

We are fully insured, professional, and competitively priced.

For a free estimate or for any questions call Nottingham Tree Service, LLC 413-341-3639

What is wrong with bartering? We are talking to a Charter Captain now about trading trimming his palms for a 1/2 day on the water.

I've bartered services a couple of times and come out ahead, but I'd still rather have money. Doing it on a regular basis, the only advantage I could see would be an attempt to dodge the tax man.

GMAC won't take wood chips in lieu of truck payments.:D

A dude tried to barter me a bottle of homemade wine to throw his small brush pile through my chipper while working at his neighbors last week. Nope I told him $10 as it was probably two armfulls. Didn't want to pay so there sat his pile. I thought $10 was cheap? I mean a token amount to buy me a six pack of beer was what I was thinking. Guy came back out awhile later and also offered up two used golf clubs. Lol some people just don't get it. I don't golf.

Oh you can get a royal screwin or come out ahead on a barter deal .Here in the flat lands dealing with people of "appalchian persuasion " IE hillybillys ,you about have to barter ,old pick up trucks ,beat up saws ,a flea bitten 'coon hound . Money means nothing to them ,stuff does .

Just stuff like that is why I have so much junk ,a practice I might add I've given up ,show me the money ,keep your junk for somebody else .:what:

I'll barter if the customer has something I need. Last month we pruned all the trees at my dentist's house (one day of work) in exchange for 10 cleanings/exams and x-rays. So now the whole family has clean chompers. :D

Barter has lots of potential to work out sweet , especially in tight cash times .... I bartered Tree work for the Metalbestos chimney I now use...

I got a pw 50 dirt bike for my kids for dropping a maple. The wife would want to cut my nuts off if I paid for it. With the barter she was :D till the boy took it down the hill and into a big old patch of blackberrys five min. after i took it out of the truck. Then it was a bad trade:/:

I will also barter if my customer has something I need. I did a job this summer for 25 salmon, and definitely came out ahead.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not against being willing to barter, but I sure as hell aren't going to advertise the fact and seek it out.

Same here, I will if I need what they have and come out at least even in the deal, but I still keep it on the books... Still write and invoice and pay taxes on it. But a fair deal has to be to start. I like more symbionic relationships... .IE pay me and I will buy from you. Some of my best barters are mechanic time for my trucks, a mini bike for the kids, a 036. But I had some one ask me if I would trim her trees for the wood.. I said no ty... Just aint worth the time.. I have done a drop and walk for a 6 pack once. End of the day and it was a neighbor that I had just done a large live oak harzard removal.. And it was the customer that asked me if I would do it for the neighbor.. They were just lacking in funds and the tree had to go... NP... took me 10 min.
Like I said, I have to keep an open mind as I do live in the Appellatia of CA.

I'd barter if someone had something I wanted. What bothers me more about the ad is "fully insured", can I be just partially insured? A Lot of people do this though, I'm insured, not fully or partially, just insured.:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I always figured "Fully Insured" meant both WC and Liability.

Back