Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Left handed

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Ambidextrous

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
B

Bounce

After reading the thread about one-handing a saw with the left hand, it looked like a larger than usual proportion of us are left handed. I am for one. Statisically, about 9 out of 10 people are right handed, with the remaining 10% being either left handed or ambidextrous. Which are you?

I can one hand a top handle saw with either, but more comfortably with the right. Mostly right handed, except for batting, hockey, and golf.

I can one hand a top handle saw with either, but more comfortably with the right.

Hell, it THAT what we're talking about? I thought the subject was "are you right or left handed?" I can use both hands to one hand my 200, but I'm strongest with my dominant hand.

Hell, is THAT what we're talking about? I thought the subject was "are you right or left handed?" I can use both hands to one hand my 200, but I'm strongest with my dominant hand.

What he said! And that would be right handed. But the 200t works well in either.

You could tell by looking at me if I took off my shirt, the muscles in my back are larger on the right side.

Imo in order to be considered ambidextrous that means you can write equally well with both hands. Running a saw with your off hand does not ambidextrous make.

I can write with either, better with my left, I can throw with either, better with my right. I can bat either way, but better right. I can run a saw equal either hand. I can weld equaly with either hand. I can run a torch with either as well.
What does that make me?:?

I can write with either, although I am better with my right hand, due to much more practice. I can also write backwards. When it comes to filing a saw, or using various woodworking tools or whatever, it really doesn't matter which hand I use. As for throwing, I throw equally badly with either hand, you wouldn't be safe if you stood behind me. When I am marking timbers, I use the pencil with either hand, and if I happen to have it in my left when I make notes, I just use that hand. It confuses the heck out of the bystanders.

I file with both hands... that way I dont have to move around or move the saw.. LOL. I am just a bit slower with the left thus far. But my file work comes out pretty even doing one side of the chain with each hand.. Right first, then left... Holding chainsaw in lap in the field.

Back