texas water oak bites the dust.

• Thread starter Treeslayer
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 4K
T

Treeslayer

4' water oak, ALL over 2 houses. took a little over 4 hours. we used a 50' nifty lift, and pulled it over with a skidsteer, and a F 350 4x4. I left 2 big limbs over one of the houses, could not reach them, hence the 2 bull ropes.

was a rush, too.

Attachments

• IKE 001.jpg
    IKE 001.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
tight fit in the back yard.

Attachments

• IKE 002.jpg
    IKE 002.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 19
textbook hinge.

Attachments

• IKE 003.jpg
    IKE 003.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 20
and my weapon of mass destruction. 880, 41'' bar.

Attachments

• IKE 004.jpg
    IKE 004.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 17
Solid tree, no visible sign of decay or risk. I'd guess it died of arborphobia? We lost a large number of healthy trees to fear after the hurricanes of 2004 took out half of our canopy. :cry:

Exactly, arborphobia.:cry:
the central leader blew out as a result of IKE, thumped the roof good, and the homeowner wanted it gone. There was a 12" hackberry leader about 35' long hung up in the center of it too, which I climbed after, and we hoisted it out. was fun to stand on and cut, it had 3 pressure points. :D

the wedge pouch also has a bloodstopper compress. and a chain tool. the hammer is hanging off the back of me arse.
love that thing on big logs.

I recently picked up one of those wedge pouches from Bailey's. Damn handy when flopping and bucking a big stem. Otherwise I'm constantly looking around and walking back to get my wedge and hammer from the last place I used them.

talking about treephobia, i just went out and bid 12 healthy trees for removal.
3 Big pines, and one 100' monster. (pine) 7 oaks, and a huge water oak.
minor damage in a couple, but..............................
OH MY GOD! THEY COULD HIT THE HOUSE!!!! THEY MUST DIE!!:/:

the homeowner has had 3 trees land on his roof, RITA, now IKE.

still, WTF?:cry:

$ 3000.00 cash. 2 hard, long days work. leave the wood.

I'll get over it.8)

not me, my DOB is 4 14 63

that's probably the putz who logs on AS as tree slayer. I earned my name.

he stole his.:X

;);););)

textbook hinge.

I have no wish to come off as a hard azz or give you grief RTS...you put the tree in a tight spot where you wanted it. So good results.

But in truth, your hinge isn't really textbook: you don't have the backcut and base of the face parallel and you nipped the hinge on the offside to half the thickness of the rest of the hinge. With such solid, good quality wood fiber to work with, nothing went amiss...if there are factors like some heartrot or deadwood it might not have come out as well.

I don't post pictures of my less than ideal ones either, like Jerry B. :).

Nice saw, btw. And not a bad job at all.

I have no wish to come off as a hard azz or give you grief RTS...you put the tree in a tight spot where you wanted it. So good results.

But in truth, your hinge isn't really textbook: you don't have the backcut and base of the face parallel and you nipped the hinge on the offside to half the thickness of the rest of the hinge. With such solid, good quality wood fiber to work with, nothing went amiss...if there are factors like some heartrot or deadwood it might not have come out as well.

I don't post pictures of my less than ideal ones either, like Jerry B. :).

Nice saw, btw. And not a bad job at all.

In my own defense, I figured the tree was solid, and we pulled the hell out of it.
And I appreciate the feedback, I did the backcut angled cause I could barely hold the saw up.:lol:

thanks for the comment. I welcome critique.

Don't feel bad, Dave. Burnham has even picked apart Jerry Beranek's notches before. :lol:
If you get a thumbs up from Burnham, it's as good as getting a thumbs up from Douglas Dent himself! 8)

Back