Bicep injury advice needed

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
I was topping a big bush standing on a ladder and extended my right arm straight out one handing a 200t.
The top came down, caught the saw ,and just pushed my arm downward .
This was back in July, for the first week after i couldnt hold anything straight armed.I figured it would get better by now ,but its just stalled out.
Anytime i extend my hand/arm out i feel a sharp tweaky pain about 2.5 inches up from my elbow and on top of my bicep .
Just a few minits ago, i simply shook handes with this fellow and it felt tweaked. Its getting really old and is putting a real damper on all my climbing.
Sucked reallly bad in france.
Yall recon i should see a doctor?
I hear there is nothing they can do and its likely a micro tear.
A pro weight lifter told me i should go on a 50 day cycle of HGH , human growth hormone.
He said that each year he has to do this to weed out all the small injuries that wont heal.
I dunno its really frustrating:?

I dunno about the arm,sounds painfull . I got chomped in the calf by a damned pit bull ,shoulda shot the SOB but anyway it must have taken a couple of years before it got better ,torn muscle .The upside to that is I could predict the weather for a few years .

If I would have known at the time how much pain that cur was going to cost me ,he would have never seen the following sunrise .:X

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL .. gees Al you crack me up .
Write a book.You have a way with words.
My arm is not that painful really but it is weak.
I was thinking maybe electro stimulation ,,, anything at this point.

Perhaps even consult a doctor. I went to an ortho after my wreck about my shoulder. He said he was 90% that it would be fine on it's own. The main thing I wanted to know is if I could hurt it by working. He said it would hurt me alot more than I could hurt it.

With that, I went back to work. It hurt but it didn't "hurt" me in the sense of hendering it healing. Sure enough, after a couple months it was back to normal.

Don't bother with the doctor. Weightlifters are much more reliable for medical advice.:roll:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ha ha the weight lifter is a Doctor in this case.
Hes one of my most trusted friends hes 49 now and pratices in santa barbera.
5 foot 7 and 245 pounds at about 5 % BF hes pretty strong guy .
He helps people recover from sports injuries.
I trust his advice but i have a good doc here in town.
The docs here where i live are extremly consevative.
My wife got tylenol for the pain of a kiddney stone ,,, geese:O

Ha ha the weight lifter is a Doctor in this case.
Hes one of my most trusted friends hes 49 now and pratices in santa barbera.

That'd be all I needed to do it.

I've been wondering if HGH or roids or whatever could actually improve quality of life in later years if taken sensibly. Seems like some pro athletes who do it are in better shape longer....

I screwed up my bicep a few years ago. I waited a year (at least) before I went in. Then it took FOREVER to find the root of the problem. After a doctor visit, multiple PT visits, and an MRI (very cool, btw) it showed the problem was a cyst that formed after my injury, the pain at the bottom of my bicep was actually referred pain from the top connecting point where the cyst was. Ice on my shoulder (where the bicep starts) helped the pain down in my lower bicep. That....and surgery....and I'm good to go.

Don't let it go too long without getting it checked out. I got the most help figuring it all out from the PTs though, they're the ones who told me there was something other than a simple injury going on.

Back