Petzl podium

DMc

TreeHouser
Ok, so I guess I waited to the last minute to ask this question seeing as how I will be using this on a crane job tomorrow.

For those of you who use the podium with the Petzl Sequoia saddle, what do you use as attachment points? I got the Podium which is the large, board type seat because it looked like it would be just the ticket for long hang times that can occur with crane jobs.

I tried it for the first time the other day (but not with the crane...just on a regular job) and attached it to the large aluminum rings on the saddle. It worked well for distributing the weight comfortably but I found it interferred with some of the other junk I have clipped to the saddle.

Just wondering if there is a better way.

Dave

Perhaps reduce the 'other junk' on your saddle for the crane removal? I have no qualms leaving some accessories behind if I'm not going to be using them on a particular job.

Other than that, I can't help. I use a Tree Austria Duo and there are buckles sewn in specifically for the bosun seat. I think I used it the first 3 days I had the saddle and never used it since.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Perhaps reduce the 'other junk' on your saddle for the crane removal?

That's just what my wife said! :roll:

If that's my best option, that's definitely what I will do. Certainly don't see using something like the Podium on a daily basis.

Dave

I have a Versatile, and I don't notice that effect.

Attachments

• versatile 004.jpg
    versatile 004.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 13
  • versatile 007.jpg
    versatile 007.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like your setup MB. It looks well thought out and efficient. The Podium for the Petzl is easily twice as wide, kind of like a Barcalounger. The top edge of it is very close to the flip line attachments and all of the other attachment loops on the Petzl. It's only attachment points are two lightweight pieces of webbing on the outside edges so it tends to move around a bit.

I think these are all things I can work around and get the job done, but if I was going to do crane work all the time, I think your setup would be better.

Dave

I'll have to make a point to grab my bosun seat attachment and put it on the truck with my saddle. Then I'll get a picture of the saddle with and without the seat attachment. The TA isn't a perfect saddle, but the bosun seat attachment is pretty sweet.

Back