EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!

NickfromWI

King of Splices
******* AWESOME!!!!!!!! I just experienced my first earthquake ever!!!!

Lasted about 7-10 seconds, started soft like a HUGE truck drove by real fast, but kept going. Got strong enough I could hear pots shaking in the cupboards, but nothing was falling off the walls or shelves.

Wicked!

love
nick

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I definitely see how that could tear a town up pretty quick.

First thing I did was try to call karina and cell reception went out. I bet everyone was trying to call everyone at the same time.

friggin' AWESOME!!!!!!!! I just experienced my first earthquake ever!!!!

Lasted about 7-10 seconds, started soft like a HUGE truck drove by real fast, but kept going. Got strong enough I could hear pots shaking in the cupboards, but nothing was falling off the walls or shelves.

Wicked!

love
nick

sounds like an adreneline rush.....you're not excited r u???;)

its mind boggling when stuff is falling off the shelves and lights are swinging! i think id be real impressed to see a tornado!

it was very chilling. I always joke to californians that earthquakes aint shit. Man, my heart went from 0-60 as soon as I realized what the F was going on.

I saw tornados and those were just down right scary. This was actually a little relaxing. Since there wasn't stuff being broken, I didn't feel any fear. But let one picture fall off the wall and I probably woulda ran outside!

It made me feel a hair dizzy and nauseous. My legs were shaky afterwards like I just stepped off a boat.

Cool stuff.

This website shows recent earthquake activity. Looks to be about in the low to mid 5's.

http://www.data.scec.org/recenteqs/Maps/Los_Angeles.html

Los_Angeles.gif

******* AWESOME!!!!!!!! I just experienced my first earthquake ever!!!!

Wicked!

love
nick

Nutter............

we had a 3.8 here a few years back, I was driving at the time talking to a guy back at the warehouse on the cell, I didnt feel a thing but he was like ' blahblah blah, hey the lights in the ceiling are swinging around, are we having an earthquake?" Ha!
Like Squisher, I dont need to feel one thanks, I trust y'alls reports about how much fun they are.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25918120?GT1=43001

5.4 is a substantial quake. Won't normally cause much damage....

I was living in Pasadena for the ~1971-2 Northridge quake, which was about 6.4....Rattled my cage, fo sho.

When the 2001 Seattle quake went off, also 6.4 or so, I had the 800 pound chipper disc suspended from an engine hoist...had just lirted it out of my pickup and was readying to reinstall it...It shook a bit......!

Also rather dramatic was the pwr lines across the street, which were swinging around quite briskly....

That quake was a trip Rog, i had just gotten down form a Fir in Medina and found it odd that the ground between me and the next tree I was gonna do, was rolling and the trees were shaking like mad. It was cool to look across lake Washington into downtown and see the dust going up from the old buildings in Pioneer Square and Georgetown.

Rog, good reminder....I can see TONS of powerlines out our back windows and they were all wobbling like crazy.

love
nick

Here ya go squish...

Date Location Magnitude
June 23, 1946 Vancouver Island 7.3
August 22, 1949 Near Queen Charlotte Islands 8.1
July 10, 1958 Alaska/B.C. border 7.9
June 24, 1970 South of Queen Charlotte Islands 7.4
December 20, 1976 West of Vancouver Island 6.7
February 28, 1979 Yukon/Alaska border 7.2
December 17, 1980 West of Vancouver Island 6.8
December 23, 1985 Mackenzie region, NWT 6.9
November 12, 1988 Saguenay region, Quebec 6.0

Not me mang, to old for my blood. Honestly that was one of the things I didn't like about working on the island(Vancouver) was wondering if a big earthquake might hit and we'd just all get washed out to sea. The tsunami warning stations did little to set my mind at ease.

I grew up not very far from a fault line. The only quake that scared me was the one that hit when I was a teacher in Japan. I was seven stories up in one of their 1960's concrete buildings and I didn't trust it.

A lot of rattling like someone was driving a semi across your front lawn and then its over before you know it?

Back