Used Double Braid Splicing

jtrouse

Treehouser
Hey just wondered if i wanted to put a splice in the end of my blaze rope should i use the used double braid splice or just standarad class 1?

Yes, and yes. You use the Class 1 Double Braid Splice. And expect to have your work cut out for you. Used double braid climbing lines are a real pain to splice.

Class 1 just indicates what the rope is made of (nylon or polyester), and double braid indicates the style of construction.

Jim- I've only perused the special used directions that Samson has, and it was a year or so ago. I think the only big difference was the tension that have you put on when running the splice home.

Have you done a side-by-side comparison of the directions to see if the measurements are the same? Let us know what you find!

love
nick

Putting tension on it helped me alot with that PI. I would tension it abunch, try milking it. Then I would let most of the tension out and try milking it again. After a few cycles, it worked, and I just used the regular sampson double braid directions.

I've done some used blaze and found that the original instructions were fine. a bit more work but i massaged, milked, bent and hit a bit more. i got there in the end just it wasn't as nice as new rope.

Jamie

Back