The Biking Thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great bike and ride!

I finally got a phone holder on handlebars, cheap to buy and wicked handy

FedEx dropped my new ride just in time for the Sunday excursion. Got it assembled and hit it! Most folks bowed out and it was just me and my neighbors 15 year old son. He’s a pedaling beast and loves downhill. We ride together a couple times a week.

This bike rides as good as or perhaps SLIGHTLY better than my neighbors $3500 Trek. He bought it for $2000 slightly used as it was a COVID bike. I love this thing. It allowed me to do so much more on the trail and climb hills better. The 29” wide tires just roll over roots and rocks and the full suspension absorbs any blows going downhill. The drop post seat allows instant center of gravity. We rode for 5 hours straight. Longest ride on trails to date. Hosed off the bike as it was somewhat muddy and need to hose myself off. Totally whooped.
Notice bro! Ride hard and stay safe!

Great bike and ride!

I finally got a phone holder on handlebars, cheap to buy and wicked handy
If I were to buy a phone holder for my bike, it would need its own suspension in order to keep my phone from flying off haha
FedEx dropped my new ride just in time for the Sunday excursion. Got it assembled and hit it! Most folks bowed out and it was just me and my neighbors 15 year old son. He’s a pedaling beast and loves downhill. We ride together a couple times a week.

This bike rides as good as or perhaps SLIGHTLY better than my neighbors $3500 Trek. He bought it for $2000 slightly used as it was a COVID bike. I love this thing. It allowed me to do so much more on the trail and climb hills better. The 29” wide tires just roll over roots and rocks and the full suspension absorbs any blows going downhill. The drop post seat allows instant center of gravity. We rode for 5 hours straight. Longest ride on trails to date. Hosed off the bike as it was somewhat muddy and need to hose myself off. Totally whooped.
Congrats on the new ride! Make sure you learn how to use the adjustment features on your rear and front suspension. It can be nice to dampen one or both when riding on aggressive terrain, that way the shocks aren't violently firing back up every time you hit an obstacle.

Dampening your suspension and sometimes even letting some air out of your tires (depending upon the terrain) can be hugely helpful for improving rider comfort and for avoiding getting flat tires. Underinflated tires can cause pinching and puncturing when you hit a bump, whereas overinflated tires can lead to blowouts. Your bike may come with a recommended pressure and you can easily buy inexpensive gauges for measuring, but it will quickly become something you can learn how to eyeball.

You may already know about all of this. Just trying to help and offer some advice! =-D

If I were to buy a phone holder for my bike, it would need its own suspension in order to keep my phone from flying off haha

Congrats on the new ride! Make sure you learn how to use the adjustment features on your rear and front suspension. It can be nice to dampen one or both when riding on aggressive terrain, that way the shocks aren't violently firing back up every time you hit an obstacle.

Dampening your suspension and sometimes even letting some air out of your tires (depending upon the terrain) can be hugely helpful for improving rider comfort and for avoiding getting flat tires. Underinflated tires can cause pinching and puncturing when you hit a bump, whereas overinflated tires can lead to blowouts. Your bike may come with a recommended pressure and you can easily buy inexpensive gauges for measuring, but it will quickly become something you can learn how to eyeball.

You may already know about all of this. Just trying to help and offer some advice! =-D
I hear you on the phone suspension!

Good lookin out with the tire and suspension advice. I’m gonna pump the shocks to manufacturers recommend psi and see how she does. It was pretty comfortable first ride with factory settings but I’ll fine tune it.

Back