Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Never

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Only when I think I might need one

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Only when I know I will need one

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Carried old timer stockmans for years, lost most of em. Switched to case when schrade went over seas. Favorite nowadays is a case sowbelly. Three knives in one. Never understood packing a single bladed knife myself, not when it's almost the same size with two or three blades.

Attachments

• 20240506_140147.jpg
    20240506_140147.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
The fatter the stuff in the pockets the quicker the pants wear out, so i like the case single personally. I'm also not a logger way far away from the truck or toolbox, so that plays into it as well.

I can only think of one pair of pants for sure that got a hole in the (front)pocket, and they were about shot by that time anyway. I used to wear out back pockets on jeans from wallets, but I now neither wear jeans nor put my wallet in my back pocket. My front pockets are always loaded, with one of the items being Swiss Champ knife.

I told the apprentice not go in the bathroom with his kneepads on cause it might confuse some guys, and he didn't want to be labeled as a tease :lol: The look of sheer terror was priceless 🤣🤣🤣

I wear dickies and basically I'll wear out a pocket, tie up the hole with a constrictor knot and by the time a new hole is worn thru the pants will be shot.

Now i had to have a Spanish neck knife IMG_20240510_130604.jpg
So i ordered a another a j&v adventure 3" mini chacal IMG_20240510_130623.jpg
Once again I'm very impressed with the build quality IMG_20240510_135323.jpg
To get free shipping I ordered another joker a lynx 4.25 IMG_20240510_130825.jpg
Another excellent knife and sheath.
I'm of the opinion the same manufacturer makes these for different sellers
I've seen cudeman and jeo-tec and others in identical boxes and designs.
The lynx is 100.00 or more anywhere else i looked
Both knives are 4mm thick with red liners IMG_20240510_130923.jpg

Back in the day of sword fighting, Spain had a good reputation for steel and sword making. I don't think I've ever seen a Spanish made knife. They look nice.

Back in the day of sword fighting, Spain had a good reputation for steel and sword making. I don't think I've ever seen a Spanish made knife. They look nice.
I've been cutting a lot with the first joker the montes
I don't know a lot about the different steels
But imho they've done a great job with heat treating the surgical steel and it holds an edge great and is easy to resharpen.
They use 1.4116 stainless and bohler n695 a lot
The Spanish really nail the ergonomics all i have bought are very comfortable.
Joker makes extra nice sheaths the J&V are good but not near as nice.

the Kabar wrench knife has an unusual look

I like the way that looks. Absolutely nothing to come loose on that build!

I have an issue with their Swiss Army choice. They picked a model with the shitty auxiliary(T orientation)mount for the phillip screwdriver. That's much less useful than the vertical orientation. The one they picked is almost a Swiss Champ, so you might as well do it right, and take the extra couple grams for the superior tool. In addition to the better screwdriver, it also comes with a fish scaler, which is much more useful than the name indicates. Good for deburring plastic, and softer than rock hard metals, as well as fishing cord through holes, and being a decent all around probe, not to mention the ruler.

Back